1. My little family. There is nothing better than going home to husband and Brucey after a long day at work. Also a big fan of Saturday morning snuggles.
2. Being more active and looking after my health. Now that I have a dog and a gym membership I’m the most active I’ve ever been and I feel really good, both mentally and physically.
3. The darker nights and mornings. So I’m not a huge fan of going to work in the dark and leaving in the dark but at the moment the timings are perfect. I struggle to sleep at the best of times but the earlier nights/later mornings make it a hell of a lot easier.
4. My candle collection. The darker nights mean my candles are blazing from 8pm onwards (out of reach of Brucey, obvs). Current burners are Yankee Candles ‘Coconut Beach’ and ‘All Is bright’, and Aldi’s No 1 (Lime, Basil and Mandarin). They’re all really strongly scented and make the room smell divine.
5. This Missguided jumper. I actually saw this on The Kitty Luxe’s Twitter and it was in my basket and paid for before I even knew what had happened. I paid 20£ for it (Thanks student discount) and went down a size so it wasn’t overly baggy. It’s super snug and I love the colours.
6. Cold Case Files: The Podcast. I’m not sure where I found this podcast but it’s really good. It focuses on cold cases that were eventually solved and as each episode is only half an hour long, it’s perfect for listening to on commutes or in the gym.
7. Watching re-runs of Friends. Friends is always on Comedy Central as I’m sure you all know but recently they’ve been showing my FAVE seasons – 5,6 and 7. Monica and Chandler are my favourite characters and they get a lot of airtime throughout these episodes!
8. A new quilt and pillows. My pillows were as flat as pancakes and our duvet was all scabby so I decided it was time to invest in some replacements. My bed is now ridiculously comfy and it’s a real struggle getting out of bed on a morning at the moment.
9. Curling up with a good book. I fell out of love with reading whilst I was on my travels but recently I’ve really gotten my mojo back. I actually look forward to husband going out so I can get really stuck in to whatever I’m reading.
10. A general overall feeling of contentment. 2017 has been really good to me so far – I’ve got a great family, a lovely home and, of course, we now have Bruce. I haven’t felt this happy since I was living in Western Australia and it finally feels like everything has clicked into place and I just feel so happy within myself and my life.
Tell me: What’s making you happy lately?