Photo Diary: Coney Island, NYC

23/06/2017

One of Jody’s favourite films is ‘The Warriors’, the 1979 cult classic about a gang trying to get home to Coney Island after they are framed for murder, so obviously a visit to Coney Island was on the top of his NYC hit list.

I might not be *that* into scary rides but I bloody loved Coney Island – I loved the boardwalk, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the Wonder Wheel (the pods rock – quite literally). It was just a really good day out, one that I would highly recommend. Oh and I did I mention it’s probably one of the most Instagrammable places I’ve ever been? Yep even when it’s grey and cloudy.

Anyways I’m not gunna babble on trying to sell you on it. Instead take a peek at some of my photos* – I’m sure you’ll soon understand why I found the place so charming.

Now please excuse me whilst I go buy The Warriors game for PS4…

So have any of you guys been to Coney Island before? What did you think?

*Soz there aren’t many photos of the actual rides, I was all about the vintage looking signs scattered around the park!

6 Comments

• Immy Cousins

23/06/2017 at 8:59 am

When I return I would love to visit here as during my trip back in 2013 it wasn't long after the big storm they had so it was closed off along with the statue of liberty as well. But your photos look incredible.

Immy – thecrazyweirdwonderful.blogspot.co.uk

1. Alrightblondie

01/07/2017 at 9:26 am

Ahh thank you for your comment! It wasn't a great day weather wise when we went unfortunately but we made the most of it. Would love to go back on a good day! x

• She Is Melrose

23/06/2017 at 1:12 pm

I was just there for the mermaid parade I will never get tired going to Coney

1. Alrightblondie

01/07/2017 at 9:26 am

I will DEFINITELY be going back when we return to NYC such a cool place xx

• Laura Hampton

25/06/2017 at 7:40 pm

I LOVE The Warriors! My boyfriend made me watch it a fews ago and it's such a good film. The following for it even now is amazing. Coney Island is definitely somewhere I'd love to visit. New York just in general has always been my dream holiday ♥

Laura ♥ http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

1. Alrightblondie

01/07/2017 at 9:27 am

My boyfriend made me watch it too haha it is really good, hasn't really aged at all either has it? You will love NYC, even my city hating boyfriend thought it was amazing xx