1. Mie Goreng. Noodles in a tasty sauce. Delish and dirt cheap.
2. If noodles ain’t your thing you can get two McDonalds meals + drinks, desserts and a few extra burgers DELIVERED to your hotel for a fiver. Amazing.
3. Indonesians are quite possibly the loveliest people in the world.
4. Waterbom Water Park. Expensive and touristy but there’s a reason it’s one of the best waterparks in the world.
5. The incredible beaches and sunsets.
6. It’s so, so cheap. We stayed in Seminyak in a brand spanking new hotel for £180 for the whole week. That included wifi and breakfast. IMPRESSIVE.
7. Even though we didn’t spend much time in Ubud, just driving through it was an experience. It’s stuffed with stalls selling statues and carvings – Shame I was backpacking for another 5 months or I would have totally found a way to bring something home.
8. The Sacred Monkey Forest was pretty awesome too….
9. It only takes a couple of hours to get to the Gili Islands from Bali and I highly recommend you pencil in some time to go there.
10. The abundance multicoloured Ray Bens available for a quid. (Like Ray Bans but erm, not real).
11. Wacko Burger. If you go anywhere, go to Wacko Burger. It’s an open restaurant, the staff are wonderful humans and the food is unreal.
12. My Cup of Love. Really cute store right next to Seminyak Square – not cheap for Bali but lovely stuff.
13. But don’t forget to hit up all the cheap markets. Did you even go on a South East Asian holiday if you didn’t pick up 312 beaded bracelets, 12 anklets and at least 2 pairs of baggy elephant pants? No thought not.
14. Alleycats in Kuta. Will be forever greatful to Alleycats for having a Christmas dinner available on Christmas Day (duh), complete with Yorkshire puddings. Cheap, good food.
15. Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
16. Bluebird Taxis. Okay these aren’t necessarily one of the best bits but they are the only licensed and metered taxi’s in Bali. Much Love to the Bluebird crew.
17. Knock off DVD’s for a quid. Sure, it’s a lucky dip and chances are some won’t work, but we got some really good quality ones for next to nout.
18. If you are sick of the heat, the beachwalk cinema in Kuta is nice and air conditioned and will only cost like £3. Be warned though, people go on their phones and take babies in there so it ain’t as quiet as UK cinemas. But still £3.
19. The overall chilled out and relaxing vibe of the place (apart from the shopkeepers shouting at you to go into their shops)
20. The Hindu shrines adorning the streets – They are so beautiful. They’re offerings to the Gods in the little parcels stuffed with flowers, rice, sweets, incense and more. Be careful not to tread on them!
21. The architecture of the temples is out of this world and you will find yourself whipping your camera out quite often.
22. Cheap massages and manicures. Bliss.
23. Tbh everything about Bali is mint, just go.