SOOOOO you're thinking of moving in with a dude.
Well have no fear!
I've lived with J for 3.5 years, in our own house and with his parents, and I like to think I am prety fine tuned to his caveman ways now.
Here are the Pro's and Con's of co-habitation.
Let's start with the cons shall we?
- BOXERS. SO MANY BOXERS. And socks.
I'm pretty lucky as J is fairly clean but I think his boxers and socks must be allergic to our washing basket. Get used to a little trail of undercrackers.
- THE SMELL. Yep even the cleanest, most hygienic men have an odour to them.Especially their bottom burps. I think I should have shares in Yankee Candle the amount I hav ebought over the years.
-SHARING A BED. Snoring. Fidgeting. Different bed times. Sleep talking. Okay I'm guilty of them all aswell but imagine two fidgety, snorey nutters sharing a bed...NAH.
- MORNING WOOD. It gets in the way and men think it's funny to poke you with it. It's not, go back to sleep. (Sorry bit grim that one)
-SHARING YOUR SHIT. I'll come home and my toothbrush will have been used (Pet Hate), my face wipes will have been used to clean the room and my hair scissors will have been used to cut paper. NO NO NO.
-BOGIES. NAILS. CRUMBS. GROSS BOY STUFF. You name it, you will find it in your bed at some point.
It's not all bad though, Here are the Pro's..
- A BEST BUDDY/TV PARTNER. Make sure you like all the same stuff and you may never have to leave the house again. #BingeWatching
- A HEATER. Cold winter morning? No probs, you have your own radiator in your bed with you.
-AN ALLY. Someone who will always have your back no matter what. And will run you a bath when you finish work late.
- AN EXPLORER. I've found that since J and I have been together we have gone to soooo many places compared to how many we would have gone to without each other.
- A COMEDIAN. J has brilliant banter and I love his humour. Living with him is quite fun..most of the time
-A COMPROMISE. Don't want to clean the bog? Well you do his washing up this time and he will do it for you. Teamwork.
- A CUDDLE MONSTER. Feeling Low? Having. a bad day? All of this melts away when you get home and get a hug.
- A PIC. A Partner In Crime.
So there you have it, the Pros and Cons of living with a guy. I 'm pretty lucky cos me and J have a pretty good thing going, Hopefully this will carry on in Oz!