I might be a bit skint most of the time but that doesn't stop me blowing my budget 99% of the time whilst travelling. Here are a couple of things I've done that have completely thrown my budget out of the window.
- Booked a stay in a 4* hotel via Groupon just because it had £290 off it's usual price
- Tipped a waiter in Florida $40 on top of a $10 meal 'cos I didn't look at the note properly.
- Eaten at the Hard Rock cafe just because I needed something western (ie a proper pepsi)
- Got talked into a spontaneous trip to Gili Trawangan by a waiter whilst grabbing a quick drink.
- We then proceeded to book a room in one of the jazziest hotels on the island, complete with private pool.
- Taken taxi's everywhere 'cos it was just too damn hot to walk.
- Got an unnecessary and quite expensive tattoo (Jody)
- Went to the shopping malls 'just for a look' then ended up having to throw away half of my backpack's contents to make room for the new stuff.
- Point blank refused to stay in dorm rooms because of my terrible Aussie experience in one - Private bungalow for two please.
Follow Alright Blondie: